Making Estate Planning Accessible
Creating an estate plan can be intimidating, but the process does not have to be complicated. P. Ann O'Connell simplifies the experience and helps individuals from all walks of life plan for their futures in effective ways.
Everyone’s situation and goals are a little different. Therefore, everyone’s estate plan needs to be built differently, too.
Do you know which options are best for you and your family? Our experienced estate planning team at Ann O'Connell Law can be your valued advisers. We will counsel you throughout the process and help you find the path that is best for you and your loved ones.
What Are The Benefits Of Estate Planning?
Estate Planning does not just benefit the supremely wealthy. Having an estate plan is important for a number of reasons. Some of the benefits of estate planning include:
- Providing for your loved ones. You can arrange a trust to provide for family members who have special needs. You can also put money into a trust for children.
- Planning for long-term care: An estate plan can give health care directives and help individuals plan for costly long-term care expenses.
- Minimizing transfer taxes: There are three types of taxes that are affected in an estate plan: estate taxes, gift taxes and generation-skipping transfer taxes. Your estate plan can minimize those taxes.
- Philanthropy: You can create a family foundation, support causes and set up charitable trusts.
- Protecting family wealth. A good estate plan can protect your money from lawsuits. You can put the assets in protected trusts and limited liability entities.
No matter what your concerns are, or what you want to accomplish, P. Ann O'Connell can give you the tools to create the right plan for your family.
Providing Personalized And Compassionate Counsel
At Ann O'Connell Law, we pride ourselves on providing client-centric service. As a boutique family law firm, we give you the personal attention that you do not get at larger law firms.
We care for our clients as if they were members of our own family. We strive to provide the best service to you and will never inundate the process with unnecessary complications.
Estate Planning Can Prevent Future Problems
With an effective estate plan, we can help you resolve estate issues before they become problems. Contact our lead lawyer, P. Ann O'Connell at our Evanston or Highland Park offices at 847-859-5453 or email us to get started today.